The use of this Site and its services is subject to our Terms and Conditions, which you may access at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of any page on this Site. We welcome members of all ages to this Site and its services. While we are not required to comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act because of our non-profit status, we strongly encourage members under thirteen years old to access our services only with parental consent and supervision in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
As with any other site on the Internet, we collect certain information about you that may identify you personally through your use of this Site and its services, such as:
The Profile Information that we collect includes mandatory basic information that is provided during our member registration process, including your first and last name, location (city, state, and country) and email address.
We do not collect any of this information about you when you visit the Site unless you give us that information.
One of the primary reasons people and organizations use Action Switchboard is to create or join Schemes, each of which will support a specific campaign goal of interest to one or more NGOs. Examples include when you create a Scheme, Scheme Descriptions, uploaded photos and videos, financial and in-kind needs you may have, any stated issues and goals, create an event, post a comment, or send someone a message.
We accept membership and donation payments and we therefore will collect payment information from you, such as billing addresses. Because payment transactions on the Site are currently outsourced to third party service providers, we don’t handle your credit card numbers, but it is necessary for us to be able to contact you. We take reasonable steps to ensure that these third-party payment providers do not use or otherwise disclose any information we collect about you except for the purpose of fulfilling their service obligations to us.
Site Use and Access.
In order to monitor the effectiveness of the Site, identify areas of interest, and consider potential improvements to the Site, we also keep track of the actions you take on the Site, such as:
- Becoming a scheme leader or member
- RSVPing for an event; and
- Publishing content
- Store your login ID (but never your password) to make it easier for you to log in whenever you come back to the Site;
- Assess the technical function of the Site; and
- We may, if we find it useful, track information about which pages you visit within the Site to help us gauge the effectiveness of the Site or our content.
Like many other websites, we automatically collect information about your Internet connection that does NOT identify you personally, such as:
- The IP address of the computer or device you used to access the Internet;
- The browser type and operating system you use to access our Site;
- The name of the website from which you linked directly to our Site;
- The date and time you access our Site; and
- The pages you visit.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use personal information that you give us to provide services that you request; respond to your questions or inquiries; identify areas of member interest; consider potential improvements to our Site; and provide a platform to connect people and organizations.
The following list provides some specific examples of the ways we may use information about you:
- If you request it, we match your preferences with organizations and listings that meet your criteria. We use your Profile Information to email you about these prospects.
- We may use your Profile Information to get in touch with you regarding the status of your online requests for services or any additional information you requested. We may also use your
- Profile Information and Member-Created Content to determine whether you qualify for any services for which you request online.
- We may use your Profile Information and Member-Created Content to contact you regarding additional services and features or requesting your feedback about your experience with the Site.
- We may use your Profile Information and Member-Created Content to occasionally contact you with service-related announcements. You may opt out of all communications except essential Site notifications. We may also include content you see on actionswitchboard.net in the emails we send to you.
- You can contact us directly with questions or comments regarding services or to request additional information by using the form on our Contact page. The form requires you to give certain personal information so that we may respond to your inquiry.
We do not sell or trade or provide your personal information to marketing companies or information brokers or any other organization or individual for commercial or marketing purposes.
We will only disclose your personal information to others without first obtaining your consent in the following circumstances:
- Coordinating With Third Party Suppliers and Service Providers.
We may use third party suppliers and service providers to facilitate our services. For example, when you make a payment, we may have to share some information. Please remember that, although we endeavor to select only reputable companies who share our commitment to customer privacy, we are in no way responsible for the actions or policies of these other organizations.
- Preventing Fraud and Other Illegal Activity.
We may share personal information about our members when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to prevent imminent bodily harm, or to protect both ourselves and you from people violating our Terms and Conditions.
- Complying With Law Enforcement.
Like any other site, we may be asked to provide personal information about our members in certain types of legal or law enforcement proceedings. We will as a rule not disclose any information to law enforcement unless we are legally forced to do so, and we will make every effort to resist request such disclosures should they be asked of us.
3. YOUR CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
You may remove your profile information at any time by clicking on the Edit tab of your profile page. Here are some additional things to remember:
- The schemes that you start, follow or join will be visible to other users on your profile page.
- Information you make available to others might be re-shared or copied by those individuals and organizations.
- We provide you with discussion features for your use. In the event you voluntarily disclose personal information using this service, that information, along with any content in your communication or post, can be collected, correlated, and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from or improper and unauthorized use of your personal information by third parties. Such activities are beyond our control.
- Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your account, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your preferences.
- Certain types of communications that you send to other members cannot be removed, such as messages.
- There are NO privacy settings for certain types of information that you post on the Site, such as the information on a public-facing scheme idea. This information is public for all members of the Internet, regardless of membership on the Site.
4. THIRD PARTY LINKS
5. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We do our best to keep your information secure, but you must actively participate in the process of keeping your information safe.
We keep your account information on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information (like your password), the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also reserve the right to analyze accounts for fraudulent or irregular behavior and we may limit use of site features in response to possible signs of abuse.
Please be aware that none of these security measures are impermeable. We cannot control the actions of other Site members and third party organizations. You can reduce the inherent risks associated with social networking by exercising common sense and discretion: for example, you should choose a strong password, use different passwords for different websites and services, and use updated antivirus software. You should report any security violations to us as outlined in the section below.
6. QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By contact form: https://actionswitchboard.net/contact
- By mail: Action Switchboard/Yes Lab - 20 Cooper Sq, 5th Floor, NY NY 10003
7. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY